November sweeps is a big deal in TV because that’s when your audience gets measured. During these Nielsen Ratings periods, local TV rolls out “special reports” to bring more eyeballs to their newscasts. Most TV stations are content to do stories about things like internet predators, violent video games, or the hot topic du jour, internet predators who prey on kids playing violent video games —but KTLA in Los Angeles has raised the bar. Or lowered it. They’ve pulled out all the stops this month with a story they call Done Up Down There, a report on shaping and coloring your pubic hair. And you thought tasering news anchors was bad.
- Guy on the sidewalk was muttering about "everyday robots." Good band name... 4 days ago
- Vandenburgh repeatedly confuses the names Trump and Bush: "The Bush administration has not been very nice to the Bushes." #idgit 5 days ago
- Had a nightmare about serving as lector at church. I was late to the alter because I couldn't get my clothes on. 1 week ago
- Mickelson. youtube.com/watch?v=jhBcEL… 1 week ago
- She certainly knows how to keep it topical. twitter.com/patroonislande… 1 week ago
- RT @TheTweetOfGod: I suck at My job. twitter.com/CNN/status/100… 1 week ago
- Trump was in Singapore, not China. #idiot twitter.com/PaulVandenburg… 1 week ago
- God help us all. twitter.com/jaketapper/sta… 1 week ago
- Trump this morning sounds every bit like Neville Chamberlain. 1 week ago
- Glad someone's finally standing up to those Canadian bullies. 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood