November sweeps is a big deal in TV because that’s when your audience gets measured. During these Nielsen Ratings periods, local TV rolls out “special reports” to bring more eyeballs to their newscasts. Most TV stations are content to do stories about things like internet predators, violent video games, or the hot topic du jour, internet predators who prey on kids playing violent video games —but KTLA in Los Angeles has raised the bar. Or lowered it. They’ve pulled out all the stops this month with a story they call Done Up Down There, a report on shaping and coloring your pubic hair. And you thought tasering news anchors was bad.
- Why does our cat smell so good today? (Yes, I realize that this raises other questions) 12 hours ago
- Running Log: Saw a deer stroll out of someone's garage. It was a small one. 2 days ago
- RT @TheTweetOfGod: Shit's all fucked up. 5 days ago
- Overheard on the elevator. Q: How do I get to HR? A: Say something stupid to a co-worker. 1 week ago
- Shelling out. twitter.com/dgazette/statu… 1 week ago
- Steve McCreepy twitter.com/matt_hamilton1… 2 weeks ago
- Well, that's the news from Lake Wobegon. 2 weeks ago
- Where in the world is Matt Lauer? Fired, that's where. 2 weeks ago
- Local TV news loves fires. twitter.com/CBS6Leanne/sta… 2 weeks ago
- Phil was always a real pleasure to work with, and a genuinely good person. twitter.com/WNYT/status/93… 2 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood