November sweeps is a big deal in TV because that’s when your audience gets measured. During these Nielsen Ratings periods, local TV rolls out “special reports” to bring more eyeballs to their newscasts. Most TV stations are content to do stories about things like internet predators, violent video games, or the hot topic du jour, internet predators who prey on kids playing violent video games —but KTLA in Los Angeles has raised the bar. Or lowered it. They’ve pulled out all the stops this month with a story they call Done Up Down There, a report on shaping and coloring your pubic hair. And you thought tasering news anchors was bad.
- Trump hates the failing, fake news NY Times so much that he gives them blockbuster exclusive interviews. 18 hours ago
- John Oliver eviscerates right wing Sinclair Broadcast Group -- which owns @CBS6Albany youtu.be/GvtNyOzGogc 2 days ago
- RT @DavidWright_CNN: Top Republican: "[Trump] was playing with a firetruck & trying on a cowboy hat as the bill was collapsing, and he had… 2 days ago
- I'm pretty sure that Jimmy Carter could still whup Donald Trump's ass. twitter.com/thehill/status… 6 days ago
- Rand Paul opposes government subsidies -- and combs, apparently. breitbart.com/big-government… 1 week ago
- And Benjamin Fuc*king Franklin. 1 week ago
- And The Economist. medium.economist.com/why-are-the-ec… 1 week ago
- To those who call anonymous writing "cowardly," please direct your attention to the Federalist Papers. loc.gov/rr/program/bib… 1 week ago
- Almost ate a Japanese beetle who was lurking among my blueberries. 1 week ago
- And just who the #%& is "Jane Pailey"? twitter.com/PaulVandenburg… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood