Home late from work one night, I was met at the door by two hungry boys. Instead of just running out to Wendy’s or ordering a pizza, I announced that it was hobo night. I started pulling cans out of the cabinet and putting them in a paper bag. What are you making they wanted to know. Nothing. Hobos don’t make dinner, they eat whatever they can find —or steal. Zack asks, “What did we steal?” We stole a bag of canned goods, I explained. From the food pantry. That cheered them up. We went out back and sat on the deck with our bag of stolen food pantry loot, a pocket knife, and three spoons.
I told hobo stories about jumping freight cars and being chased through rail yards by the bulls. We picked some hobo names: Rhode Island Rob, Screwdriver, and Patchy. We dug into our beans and SpagettiOs. Alex ate half a can of sauerkraut. Desert was a big can of peaches. The moon was out and it was getting dark and it was good to be a hobo.
- Guy on the sidewalk was muttering about "everyday robots." Good band name... 4 days ago
- Vandenburgh repeatedly confuses the names Trump and Bush: "The Bush administration has not been very nice to the Bushes." #idgit 5 days ago
- Had a nightmare about serving as lector at church. I was late to the alter because I couldn't get my clothes on. 1 week ago
- Mickelson. youtube.com/watch?v=jhBcEL… 1 week ago
- She certainly knows how to keep it topical. twitter.com/patroonislande… 1 week ago
- RT @TheTweetOfGod: I suck at My job. twitter.com/CNN/status/100… 1 week ago
- Trump was in Singapore, not China. #idiot twitter.com/PaulVandenburg… 1 week ago
- God help us all. twitter.com/jaketapper/sta… 1 week ago
- Trump this morning sounds every bit like Neville Chamberlain. 1 week ago
- Glad someone's finally standing up to those Canadian bullies. 2 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood