Now here you go: the Union Street Bed and Breakfast is up for sale. This place was like Schenectady’s version of Newhart —except with swinger parties. Imagine Peter Scolari and Julia Duffy getting it on with Larry, Daryl, and Daryl. Sorry for that image. The fourteen bedroom home, listed at $269,000, would be great for anyone who’s ever dreamed of running their own inn. No word on whether the sale includes contents, such as supplies and equipment kept stocked for its notorious special events. Broker Randy Passonno told the Business Review, “Based on the fact it grosses over $100,000 in annual rents I don’t think that the history will be a deterrent. It will be an inspiration to some buyers.” Absolutely. I’d be inspired to go through the place with a pressure washer.
- They've been working on it since March 12, and it turned out pretty nice. Damn contractors take their time, don't t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Can't say that I miss Garrison Keillor all that much. 2 days ago
- Yet another crooked friend of Paul Vandenburgh. twitter.com/AlbanyBizRevie… 4 days ago
- Overheard in the office: "Would you rather have head lice or bed bugs?" 5 days ago
- Fun fact: I was once a contestant on @waitwait Don't Tell Me. I won -- but never followed up on having Carl Kassel… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- RT @AlbanyArchives: Never forget 125-years-ago today Jim Ackroyd crushed the competition with the most creative roofing ad ever made. #Alba… 6 days ago
- I've seen the downtown Albany Starbucks ask people to leave who did not have drinks. And yes, it seems to be based… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- OK, wait-- so it's Cardi B, not "Cardi O?" 1 week ago
- Just heard a newscaster on the radio pronounce a certain Massachusetts city as "Wurster." 1 week ago
- Anyone for a sammich? https://t.co/7sVhkj6Emb 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood