Guys do dumb stuff. We are genetically hard wired to do so, and you can read about it every day in your morning paper. Case in point, the Glenville police officer accused of firing a potato gun at work. Oh, yeah —it’s also alleged that he was lighting off entire cases of police-issued flares, which must have been awesome.
In case you’ve never heard of a potato gun, it’s described in the article as a “type of contraption that launches whole potatoes through PVC piping with the use of pressurized air.” Actually, some guns launch the potato by the combustion of a flammable vapor like propane or hair spray, but I’m getting off the point. The point is that you should add firing potato guns and lighting flares to the growing list of things not to do at work.
- Listened to 106.1 "Albany's Independent Experience." Verdict: indie-pop for teenage girls, adult posers. 12 hours ago
- Just overheard downtown: "Metroland? Is that what that is?" @thealtweekly https://t.co/ZpCy74wat3 2 days ago
- Tuesday. https://t.co/Rsn4TVZOG9 3 days ago
- Tweet about stories behind your paywall. Great idea. twitter.com/AlbanyBizRevie… 1 week ago
- 48 Hudson Ave -- Albany's oldest structure -- wrapped to show what it originally looked like. @HistoricAlbany https://t.co/h9i2DcDD7m 1 week ago
- Sumner Redstone gives Trump a run for his money in the battle to be America’s most revolting rich old man. bloomberg.com/view/articles/… 1 week ago
- Here's a Times Union blogger who's funny and can write: blog.timesunion.com/mycape/ 2 weeks ago
- She might be Erastus's granddaughter, but she has Uncle Dan's mouth. cnn.com/2017/06/09/pol… 2 weeks ago
- Artist works on one of the Nippers that are coming soon to Albany sidewalks. @albanybid https://t.co/n0tPCGlWcN 2 weeks ago
- Then he mentions Jared “Kirshner.” Idiot. 2 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood