Zack whispered, “That boy has a doll.” I really wanted to tell him that it’s OK and lots of boys play with dolls, and isn’t it about time we broke down these gender identity roles. But I couldn’t. I also couldn’t tell him about Barbie. When he was a toddler, he got his hands on a Barbie somewhere. Naturally, I was aghast. Alex, who was 10 at the time, demanded to know what I was going to do. “Well…I’m going to get rid of it.” He asked if we could bury it in the backyard. I can’t remember why, but that sounded like a pretty good idea, so early one morning I snatched Barbie and we sneaked outside. In the garden, not far from where several goldfish are interred, we dug a shallow hole and committed her to the great hereafter. Someday someone will find what we buried, but they’ll never know that they’ve dug up more than just a doll.
- WTF @PriceChopper? https://t.co/RmrgkHc2vL 1 day ago
- God help us all. https://t.co/hAighB8wn5 1 day ago
- Meanwhile, in Ireland, it's a hurley with a knife taped to it. twitter.com/CorkEveningEch… 2 days ago
- iHeartBankruptcy -- They own 11 stations in the Albany market. twitter.com/nytimesbusines… 2 days ago
- What would Colonie actually taste like? Exhaust fumes, Cheesecake Factory, and a wee bit of douchebag. twitter.com/Tablehopping/s… 3 days ago
- Do yourself a favor and search "Sarandon" on Twitter right now. 3 days ago
- Look at me, it's windy. twitter.com/gdimeweather/s… 5 days ago
- "Rabid means something. It means rabid." -Paul Vandenburgh #dotard 5 days ago
- It's about time. twitter.com/AsaStackelNews… 6 days ago
- WNYT is finally replacing their threadbare news set... twitter.com/lonnie_spath/s… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood