Zack whispered, “That boy has a doll.” I really wanted to tell him that it’s OK and lots of boys play with dolls, and isn’t it about time we broke down these gender identity roles. But I couldn’t. I also couldn’t tell him about Barbie. When he was a toddler, he got his hands on a Barbie somewhere. Naturally, I was aghast. Alex, who was 10 at the time, demanded to know what I was going to do. “Well…I’m going to get rid of it.” He asked if we could bury it in the backyard. I can’t remember why, but that sounded like a pretty good idea, so early one morning I snatched Barbie and we sneaked outside. In the garden, not far from where several goldfish are interred, we dug a shallow hole and committed her to the great hereafter. Someday someone will find what we buried, but they’ll never know that they’ve dug up more than just a doll.
- With God as my witness, I thought they said "Lester Nessman." @WAMCNews masslive.com/news/index.ssf… 6 days ago
- Running Log: You know it’s early when you’re hunting for a sock that’s already on your foot. 1 week ago
- Vandenburgh should try doing his @talk1300 show for one week without reading shit out of the Times Union. 1 week ago
- Albany Capital Center. https://t.co/9GRaOusr9P 1 week ago
- Dogs having a meeting. That is all. https://t.co/ZugcJ5Nglt 1 week ago
- There is not a single Republican primary race in all of Albany County. albanycounty.com/Libraries/Boar… 1 week ago
- Hurray for ex-presidents! 1 week ago
- How long before cable news gets one of these reporters killed? @MSNBC https://t.co/VjZfdlie5F 1 week ago
- I love you guys, but seriously: it's time to replace that background. Looking bad. twitter.com/WNYT/status/90… 2 weeks ago
- When did being a creep ruin someone's political career? twitter.com/danieltweaver1… 2 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood