I’m pretty sure that in ten years there will be big money in tattoo removal —in fact, if you can find a company that makes those tattoo erasing lasers, buy stock. I came home to find that Alex had celebrated his twentieth birthday with some new ink. He hoisted up his shirt and showed me his shoulder, and the brand new bloody skull with an eye patch. I said the first thing that came to mind: “Cool.” I caught hell for this later. “Your job,” I was informed, “Is not to tell him that it’s ‘Cool,’ your job is to tell him that it’s stupid.” I started to explain about how he’s expressing himself and he needs to make these decisions, and after all, it’s too late anyway. No dice. “Well,” I went on, “If he’d gotten a picture of Jesus tattooed on his back, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.” That, I found, was not the best argument to make on Good Friday. Have a look at after the jump.
- What kind of creep goes on the radio and defends Keith Raniere? Paul Vandenburgh. 10 hours ago
- Running Log: Look out, worms! Nothing good will come of your journey across the road. 12 hours ago
- They've been working on it since March 12, and it turned out pretty nice. Damn contractors take their time, don't t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Can't say that I miss Garrison Keillor all that much. 3 days ago
- Yet another crooked friend of Paul Vandenburgh. twitter.com/AlbanyBizRevie… 6 days ago
- Overheard in the office: "Would you rather have head lice or bed bugs?" 1 week ago
- Fun fact: I was once a contestant on @waitwait Don't Tell Me. I won -- but never followed up on having Carl Kassel… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- RT @AlbanyArchives: Never forget 125-years-ago today Jim Ackroyd crushed the competition with the most creative roofing ad ever made. #Alba… 1 week ago
- I've seen the downtown Albany Starbucks ask people to leave who did not have drinks. And yes, it seems to be based… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- OK, wait-- so it's Cardi B, not "Cardi O?" 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
under the hood